Certain businesses often require a Public Convenience or Necessity (PCN) determination by the local governing body to allow a business to sell alcoholic beverages. Businesses that sell alcoholic beverages for off-site consumption (markets, retailers, wholesalers, convenience stores, etc.) or businesses that do not serve food (bars, night clubs, lounges, etc.) are typically required by the ABC to obtain an approval from the governing body.
When a PCN application needs to be submitted, our office can quickly and efficiently assemble the project to submit. Constant follow-up and representation will be provided to ensure the application and process will reflect a favorable outcome.
Although approvals for a ZV can be extremely difficult to obtain, Art Rodriguez & Associates has achieved a high rate of success in ZV cases. Just as with a CUP case, we can effectively:
- Conduct preliminary research for the project
- Prepare, file and expedite your application with city planning departments
- Create a strategy to justify your business plan
- Draft material to present before and after the public hearing
- Represent your business at all meetings and hearings